We had the opportunity to do a session at the Langley Temple this morning so our p-day was switched to today! So no, I didn't ignore your emails so get your panties out of a bunch. I'm lacking on time due to the short p-day so I'll make it brief! Ha...
Few interesting events:
- A grenade went off on the street where the West Elders live.. SWAT showed up. Surrey is GHETTO.
- I watched some Asians cut their grass with scissors.. get a life
- A homeless man (I think i'm drawn to them) said that if anyone gave me trouble that I should come find him. He was also born in prison and shot at age 6. Definitely needs the gospel.
- Ironically someone did give me trouble but my new friend was nowhere to be found. As we were talking with this lady a felt something wet drop onto my shoulder. I thought it was bird poop until Sis C informed me that someone had just hucked a giant loogie from an upper staircase. That blessed woman had a tissue that I used to clean myself up.. but it didn't remove the scare I now have from how disgusting it all was. Can't wait to see that dude n the spirit world.
- On a brighter and cleaner note... we went to transfer training in Richmond and got to shake President Tillemans hand one last time. What a man. He will go down in my book as one of my heroes...along with my super stud of a father. His testimony brings the spirit so strong and you can truly feel his love for this work and us individually when you look into his tear-filled eyes.
Guys...I've had some pretty bizarre and nasty experiences out on a mission...but it makes for good stories to tell my great-grand children and it worth it when something does go right. If being spit on is what it takes in order feel a sliver of what the Savior felt...I want it to happen everyday until I die. The sacrifice He made for us not only physically but spiritually is something that I continue to try to wrap my heart around. Even within the walls of the temple I can hardly understand His love for me, my family, and all those I come in contact with. It's only through our Savior and older brother that we can return to live in our Father presence. As a representative of Christ I promise you that He lives.
Hope you all have a solid week! As my thuper cool friend Elder Jason Cook always says, Party like it's hot!
Sister Annie Holm
Sister Brittany Larsen bought us friendship necklaces :)
|Engagements! jk...just cute comp pics|
|Cartoon that one of the sisters drew of me...|
how embarrassing that that actually happened.